Effective Estate Planning And Administration
Estate planning is the process whereby families develop a plan that ensures that the assets they have worked so hard to accumulate during their lifetime are protected at their death and distributed as they choose. Having an estate plan is a good idea for everyone, regardless of age or health condition. We can create an estate plan to address your concerns about receiving proper medical treatment, distributing your assets to loved ones, minimizing estate tax, leaving money to charities that do important work and transferring ownership of a family business in an orderly fashion. We can also arrange for your home to pass to relatives without probate and without taxes.
Martin, Leyhe, Stuckmeyer & Associates LLC will draft documents to ensure your wishes will be carried out.
After death, our firm will work with families to assure that debts are paid and assets are distributed in accordance with the decedent’s will or trust.
We Handle A Full Range Of Estate Matters
- Wills — Everyone should have at least a basic will.
- All types of trusts — including revocable trusts, charitable trusts and pet trusts.
- Power of attorney — It’s important to have a power of attorney in place in case you become incapacitated.
- Beneficiary settings — We can help you review your insurance and retirement account settings so that your property passes as you wish.
- Specialized medical directive consistent with the Catholic faith.
- Business succession planning — We can use our business law experience to help you make a plan to pass on interests in your business to family members.
- Avoid probate — All of our planning is so your estate will avoid probate.
- Probate administration — Regardless of whether there was a will, we can help you take the right steps now.
- Home — We can transfer your home to heirs without probate and without taxes.
We have the versatility and the talent to handle your estate planning and administration matters. Call 636-487-4097 or complete the online form to arrange a consultation with an experienced Missouri lawyer. Based in St. Charles, we serve clients throughout the St. Louis metro area.